Sunday, May 16, 2010

Caitlin Marie's Value Code

I chose to name my value code Caitlin Marie since that is what my mom called me if I was being disciplined. Being disciplined and taught things by your parents at a young age helps guide your value system and what becomes most important to you or how you behave in situations. Here is my value system and what I use to guide my decision making in my daily life sometimes without even realizing it.

1. Honesty - I must always be honest in any situation because honesty is the best policy. I had a plaque that stated this growing up and I have never forgotten it. Even the littlest fib can turn into something huge and it is always best to stay honest to yourself and others.

2. Equality - I must treat everyone with the same respect and fairness that I would expect for myself. This goes back to always being told to treat others the way that you would want to be treated. Even if someone is really difficult, they deserve the same respect and equality as anyone else because they could just be having a rough day.

3. Peace - I must find time each day to put my mind at rest and wish the same for others and the world. There is a lot that goes on in this world now and we need to remember to take time out to just breathe. Our positive energy is very important to send out into this world that is struggling.

4. Ambition - I must remember that I can always strive to be better than I am. There is no end to what we are capable of and we need to rememeber that. We can always try new things or try harder at what we already do.

5. Love - I must show my love to at least one person a day. We all need someone to love and for someone to love us. People need to hear it and to know it. Love comes with no strings and respects the other person. Love is family, friends, a lover, and the stranger that just needed someone to smile at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment